Solar Eclipse: 14th Nov @ 21° Scorpio. A time to release deep feelings, purging out energy that has been buried. Look to transform emotional issues,
allowing secrets or hidden energy to be exposed.
Lunar Eclipse : 29th Nov @6° Gemini. Being aware of the impact of our words, being clear with our communication in expressing our feelings. Be wise
with our words.
- An Eclipse is when celestial bodies (planets, the Sun or the Moon) line up in exact alignment.
- We have New & Full Moons every month but we only have Eclipses every 6 months.
- Eclipses are times of transformation – a time to pull the lever on the railway track of our life, changing the direction easily, effortlessly.
- The Solar Eclipse is the main point of the transformation, the Lunar Eclipse is the emotional expression of this.
- Where the Solar Eclipse is positioned in your individual birthchart shows the zone for you to focus upon. Look first as to which quadrant the Eclipse is in your chart: where is 21°??
The birthchart is divided into 4 quarters:
The horizontal line indicates the horizon and the vertical axis notes the top point as the mid-heaven, that which is above us. The 1/4 relates to our Self identity, the 2/4 to our home & personal environment, the 3/4 indicates our relationships, and the 4/4 is the impersonal environment, the world etc.
The Mayan Calendar:
- The Mayan Calendar talks of an alignment with the Sun and the Galactic Centre – the Centre of ourGalaxy. The point (GC) is positioned at 27° Sagittarius. While the Sun, the Earth and the GC are in line 2x every year, just like we get New & Full Moons every month, we only get an Eclipse occasionally – they are more rare.
For an Eclipse to occur the line-up has to be exact. The Sun is not at 27 °Sagittarius on the 21 / 12 / 2012.
On that day the Sun is at 29° Sagittarius , going into 0 °Capricorn – GMT at 11.13 am. The Sun moves approx. 1° a day.
It would be at 27°Sagittarius on the 18th & 19th of Dec., so I am not sure where they get the dates for the 21/12/12!
It should really be on the 19th!
Changes of an Age:
- The Mayan Calendar is indicating the change of an Age. In Western Astrology we too mark this time as a change of an Age – we are moving into the Age of Aquarius.
- To calculate the Ages we need to look at the Precession of the Equinoxes, which make up a Great Year.
The Great Year:
We have 2 ways of plotting our movement in our galaxy and around our Sun.
1. The Tropical Year: this accounts for the Earth’s movement around the Sun, with the significant points noted with the Spring Equinox – 23rd Sept, the Summer Solstice- 21 Dec, the Autumn Equinox – 21st March and the Winter Solstice – 21 June.
The tropical year takes 365.242 days to complete.
2. The Sidereal Year: this accounts for the movement of the Sun moving against the backdrop of the fixed stars in our galaxy, as seen from the Earth.
The Sidereal Year takes 365.256 days to complete.
The difference, called the slippage, is like cogs moving along, over time this difference becomes great.
The difference between these two measurements over 72 years = 1°.
A full cycle / circle = 360 °. If we multiply 72 (years) x 360 = 25,920. This is what is called a Great Year.
The Mayans divide the Great Year into 5, these are called “Ages” (I don’t know the translation into their language), making each Age in their calendar the length of duration of 5,184 years. This is what is changing for them in 2012.
Personally I don’t see this happening on 1 single day of changeover! (e.g. 21/12/12)
- In Western Astrology we divide the Great year into 12, in accordance with the 12 zodiac signs. These are called Ages. Each Age is 2,160 years.
We are presently in the changeover into the Aquarian Age. This is estimated to take many decades for us to integrate into the new way of living, however with current planetary events this is noted as being especially from the years of 2008 – 2014, overall taking the years of 1999 to 2019 for us to transition through, a 20 year period.
The Age of Aquarius:
- the information & technology age
- creating a global community with networks that link us all – the internet, facebook, twitter etc
- 1 people = 1 humanity ( the acknowledgment of aliens would instantly bring an end to humans fighting each other in war and terror, suddenly we are all 1 people!)
- freedom of expression – we are no longer bound by set outfits that used to define our role in society / our religion / our economic status / our academic ability / our race, as it has in the past. Religious orders would wear certain robes, royalty would wear certain jewelery & clothes, academics would wear itemized clothing, now we all get around in jeans and a t-shirt! Your neighbor may be a Buddhist monk without you knowing it.
- alternative power supplies – primarily from natural resources like the Sun, wind, water etc.
- Higher Mind capabilities – developing upon telepathy and advanced communication skills.
We’re doing it, the time is NOW, we are fully in the changeover. With the current planetary events we are all under enormous pressure to make significant changes in our attitudes, our life-styles, our habits and our relationships.
Pluto in Capricorn: 2008 – 2024:Restructuring global business. Time to find our niche, to bring quality back into the equation and for people to feel soul-satisfied with what they do, we need to feel empowered.
Uranus in Aries: 2011- 2019: Time to be self responsible, self motivated and self authorizing. We can cover a lot of ground in a short period of time if everyone is moving lightly and energized. No stagnation!
Saturn in Scorpio: 2012 – 2015: Taking on the challenge to push through. We have the stamina & determination to break through fear, old habits & to go deep within ourselves to access our energy reserves.
Where each of these transiting planets are moving through your birthchart will indicate what areas you need to be working on. Again start by looking at the quadrants, then go into the houses.